Форум

Пожалуйста or Регистрация для создания сообщений и тем.

Знакомство

Всем привет! Меня зовут Иоанн, я немец (математик по специальности) и узнал о Фуделе несколько лет назад. Хотя его книги мне трудно читать на русском языке, они столько удивляют меня что даже начил их переводить.

Hello everybody! My name is John, I am German (mathematician) and learned about Fudel some years ago. Although his books are hard for me to read in Russian, they amaze me so much that I even started translating them.

Добрый день, Иоанн! Очень рад!

В связи с упомянутым переводом книг на немецкий: давно хотел спросить, общаются ли как-то между собой православные разных поместных традиций в Германии? Изменилось ли что-то после разрыва общения между Константинопольским и Московским патриархатами?

UPD: You can answer in English or German, if you like.

Кстати, Иоанн, я вот обнаружил, что несколько моих старых знакомых перечислены в списке создателей общества под названием «Немецкоязычное православие в Центральной Европе» (https://dom-hl-michael.de/). Не доводилось ли сталкиваться с этим обществом в реальной жизни? Действует ли оно, или остается «на бумаге»?

Dear John, I guess, I’ll better sum up the question in English. I’ve discovered a German-speaking Orthodox society (link above) founded by several people, some of whom I know personally. Have you ever heard of it? If yes, does it reach its audience?

What I mean is, is there such a thing as the «German-speaking Orthodoxy»? Most Russian Orthodox parishes I’ve seen in Germany were rather something like «Russian clubs» and were as such, umm, exclusive. Not really «German-speaker-friendly» 🙂

Hello Daniel!

Well, there is not so much contact between different Orthodox traditions (Russian, Greek, Serbian etc) that I know of. Most parishes seem to be most concerned keeping their tradition together and their people in. There are a few exceptions, in some monasteries people from different traditions meet. And of course there is some sort of interference on a higher hierarchic level. One other exception I know of is a Russian priest in Stuttgart who tries to organize an orthodox kindergarten and nursery home with all the traditions. Since the interference has been low anyway, I don’t see anything that has stopped. However, I can try to find out more about this.

Concerning your second message, I am personally in contact with somebody who is a more or less active participant of DOM. I do not however know of anything effective that has been reached by them. And a German-speaking Orthodoxy seems to be still in its infancy. Our parish is one of the few mostly German-speaking but although it is situated in a densely inhabited region, it is small and many people actually live further away from it (100 km and more which is a significant distance to a parish for German standards).

Dear John,

I see; I’ve expected something like this…

Some more questions, if you please: we had a nice picture here showing the different relationships between the church-goers in a Russian parish. Do you think an Orthodox parish in Germany could be described in a similar manner? Maybe you could tell in that other thread a couple of things about your parish in Germany? E.g., is there a parish member list? How large is the «core» of your parish, I mean the people with responsibilities within your parish, or people who are often there (from every week to one time per month)? What is the «maximum» you have ever seen? How many paid workers are there, if any? Are there any activities (lessons for children, discussions, common meals, pilgrimages etc.)?

I am personally in contact with somebody who is a more or less active participant of DOM.

UPD: Oh, by the way: maybe you happen to know whether the theological seminars created by the late Father Johannes Nothaas are still running? Some years ago, Peter Trappe, a member of DOM, had been leading a branch of these seminars in Berlin.

Dear Daniel,

concerning the changes after the current decisions:

Цитата: Даниил от 17.10.2020, 13:29

Добрый день, Иоанн! Очень рад!

В связи с упомянутым переводом книг на немецкий: давно хотел спросить, общаются ли как-то между собой православные разных поместных традиций в Германии? Изменилось ли что-то после разрыва общения между Константинопольским и Московским патриархатами?

UPD: You can answer in English or German, if you like.

The Russian Church and with her some other churches as well are currently not participating in the OKBD (Orthodoxe Bischofskonferenz Deutschland).